So Thanksgiving is over. You’ve feasted and indulged and slept it off. And chances are you have some leftovers in the fridge to last throughout the long weekend. Back to reality, sort of, but not yet. Perhaps just a bit more indulgence before heading back to real life on Monday.
When I was growing up, hot cocoa was a Thanksgiving weekend tradition in my family. My mother would bake her famous sponge cake, make up a big pot of cocoa and we’d tuck ourselves under blankets on the sofa to watch Miracle on 34th Street or some other holiday movie.
Happy memories of simpler times. I miss that big pot of cocoa but my version, in less simple times, is kinda fun, too. Cheers!
For 2 Servings:
- 1 Packet hot cocoa mix
- 1 Cup milk
- 3 oz. Whipped cream vodka
- 1 oz. Buttershots caramel liqueur
- Bring the milk to a simmer in a pot and whisk in the cocoa mix until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate for about 10 – 15 minutes to chill.
- Add 1/2 cup of the prepared cocoa to a cocktail shaker along with the vodka and caramel liqueur.
- Fill with ice, shake well and pour into cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with either whipped cream or marshmallows, if desired.