Last week I had the good, and tasty, fortune to sample a new line of Häagen-Dazs gelato flavors. Yes, I realize it’s a tough job but I’m only doing it for all of you. Um, yeah, sure.
Anyhow, I ended up using most of the flavors to make mini crunch cakes but I still had some pistachio flavor left over in my freezer.
Tempted, though I was, to just eat it all standing up in my kitchen at midnight, I was equally in the mood for a boozy milkshake.
I already knew that spiced rum goes well with ice creams and gelatos and a bit of crushed up pistachios gave it a great, slightly salty bite.
I’m guessing that I don’t need to warn you how incredibly easily this goes down on a hot day, right? Cheers!
- 1 Cup pistachio gelato or ice cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 1/2 oz. Spiced rum
- Handful of chopped pistachios
- Wet the rim of a jar or glass with a bit of softened gelato and roll the rim around in the chopped pistachios.
- Add the gelato, milk and rum to a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared glass and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes to firm up before serving.